Saturday, June 10, 2023

Just When I Thought I Was Out...


The New Project
I just got rid of a bunch of miniatures, but now it appears that I have a new project.

Now that it's summer and too hot for LARP, my LARP buddy and I have decided to have a go at some miniature gaming. I narrowed the options down to 2 choices.

 

We settled on Song of Blades and Heroes because it will require fewer figures. We intend to use 28mm miniatures. So now it is time to build a warband.

Army Options
We decided to create warbands from our LARP fantasy world.
  • I'm going to build a squad of Aurelian legionaries, using Late Roman figures.
  • My friend wants a Scymatian warband. We based Scymatia on the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth so his warband will have winged hussars and Tatars. In addition, there will be some Urkha (orc) levies. Hey, it's fantasy.
  • I also want to do a "bad guy" army. Looking at the Dark Magi. Ghuuls led by a death knight and a necromancer.
We haven't decided on a source, although I'm leaning toward Irregular.

5 comments:

  1. I came across this wargame that is different from the traditional way. It's called NARFO (narrative-focused wargaming system) maybe this might interest you. Im currently using this and typed up my own scenario with the recent release of a docx. file.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took a look but it seems incomplete. Perhaps I'll give it a go when it gets finished.

      Delete
  2. Irregular are good - relatively cheap, a variety of figure poses and available as individual figures. Of course, you will have to consider the cost of shipping from the UK…
    Have you considered maybe buying painted figures? I suspect eBay would be a decent place to checkout. Then again, you might enjoy the painting aspect. I don’t ☹️
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looked at some painted figs on eBay. Either the price was too high or the color scheme was not what I want. In the end, I ordered from Irregular.

      Delete
    2. Maybe you can get your LARP buddy “hooked” on the painting aspect and then it’s only a small step to full on miniature gaming 🤣😂
      Cheers,
      Geoff

      Delete