Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 in Review

Let's take a look back at my year for gaming.

2023's Trends
  • It's been a slow year for blogging. Looks like it's my lowest year ever in terms of posts.
  • All in on counters - I even sold off most of my miniatures.
  • Napoleonics - I never really took up Napoleonics before, but in the first half of the year I completed a mini-campaign set in northern Italy.
French vs. Austrians
  • I tried out some different counters. They look nicer than the top-downs, but I could never decide which side was the front.

  • I toyed with a summer Song of Blades & Heroes campaign, but it never got off the ground.
  • I made some new counters for a fantasy Imperials campaign. I still haven't printed them.
Fantasy Imperials
  • Then I just kind of stumbled through the last few months of the year.
Not exactly a banner year for gaming.

Prognostication Review
Every year I try to guess what the year will hold. Let's see how I did this year.
  1. Counters - I predicted I would go all-in with counters. That's pretty much correct.
  2. Purge - accordingly, I figured I'd get rid of a bunch of figures. 2 for 2.
  3. Finalize rules - I wanted to get my rules into final shape. Never happened.
  4. Sci-Fi boxed set - I went on a very short-lived sci-fi kick in January. I wanted to put together a sci-fi set, but it never happened.
Score for the year - 50%, Actually not bad for me. ;)

1 comment:

  1. There’s always a significant difference between what you’d (ideally) like to do and what you actually achieve. That’s life.
    Hopefully, if the “way ahead” seems clear then that’s good.
    All the best for ‘24.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete