Thursday, January 6, 2022

3mm Miniatures Comparison

As mentioned, I am moving toward genre-specific figures for my games.

The Byzantine Project

I ordered some O8 legionnaires from PicoArmor to build a Byzantine Army. I planed to use them to supplement some Magister Militum that I currently own.

Well, I got them. Here they are (left) next to some MM pikemen.

Very disappointing.

I took some measurements. O8 figures are approximately 3mm from top of the head to the base while MM figures are 3mm from the eyes to the base. Overall, the MM figures are closer to 5mm.

There is no way I can use these together, unless I create a hobbit army with the O8. After a bit of consideration, I decided to stick with MM for my Byzantines.

Operation Last Train

I also ordered some O8 3mm sci fi, also from Pico Armor. Again, my plan is to supplement some existing figures, specifically Germy's 2mm, available from Ground Zero Games.

Here are some heavy infantry (right) next to poorly painted Germy infantry. There is an O8 dropship in the background.

The Germy figures are a bit beefier, but they are actually about the same height as the O8. I think I can mix them.

And here are some O8 xenos next to the Germy infantry. Again, I think I can mix.

Now I have two projects underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment