Saturday, January 1, 2022

What's in Store for 2022?

Happy New Year! 

Once again, I'll see if I can predict what will happen with my gaming in the upcoming year. It seems unlikely I'll get it right considering that I jotted down some predictions a couple of weeks ago and they are already obsolete. So I bring some new, most likely wrong, predictions for this year.

  • Return to 3mm - over the past couple of years I have been collecting 10mm miniatures for skirmish gaming. I painted a few, but most are just sitting around. The biggest hurdle is actually lack of terrain. I am just not motivated to put together enough for 10mm games. This has me looking back at 3mm. I tried a skirmish game (Operation Last Train) with a 3mm stand standing in for a 10mm figure. It seemed to work fine. I'm leaning toward that squad-based approach now.
  • Genre-specific miniatures - my initial MicroBattle project featured generic 3mm miniatures that could stand in for multiple eras. However, I am now leaning toward some projects with figures painted for a specific genre. I plan on putting together a Byzantine army and an opponent (to be determined) and some sci-fi troops for Operation Last Train.
  • The Purge - every now and then I do a purge of items I purchased for projects that eventually got abandoned. I sense that another purge is near. I mentioned my 10mm figures, and I have other miscellaneous stuff lying around that I don't plan to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment