Sunday, January 20, 2013

Inspiration


I received these about a week ago, which I bought from e-bay.


Here is a close-up.



They came as a surprise because I forgot that I had purchased them. I originally planned to build up 10mm armies for my Francesia reboot. I have some Scruby miniatures from Historifigs and wanted to supplement them with some cheap figures. These inexpensive Risk figures seemed an excellent option.

I have changed my mind since then. My aging eyes can’t handle painting such small figures anymore. I turned to 15mm, and placed an order for some of Irregular’s miniatures; I am waiting for them to arrive from the UK. That left me with a dilemma on what to do with these guys.

Then, inspiration struck, thanks to Bob Cordery's Wargaming Miscelllany blog. He posted an interesting campaign idea called Restless Revolutionaries. I began thinking about running a revolution in Francesia. The scenario was obvious: Grayrock would revolt against its Bluderian masters. But what figures would I use? My Irregular order was slated to building the armies of the Empire and Redgrave. Aha! I can use these Risk figures!

I need to make a run to Michael's for some supplies to make terrain, but I hope to start the revolution soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment