I had today scheduled off as well in case the workmen needed more time, but fortunately they finished yesterday. So I started some work of my own. Here is my worktable as of a few minutes ago.
|Sci-Fi Forces in Progress|
Here is the list of items, generally from top left to bottom
- A missile launcher and 4 tanks - it is hard to see them in this photo. They are made from various bits of craft wood. I need to get some pins for the guns.
- 2 stands of infantry - made of bits of toothpicks. It was very fiddly gluing them to the bases. I'm going to shop for hair curlers to make up the rest of the infantry. I think these stands will represent infantry in battle suits.
- Air support fighter/bomber - made from one of the oval pieces I used for destroyer hulls, with wings and tail made from halves of craft wood squares, and a lentil cockpit
- 3 damage markers - made from wood buttons painted orange. I made add some gray on the tops to look like smoke.
- Another missile launcher and 2 tanks - these tanks have lentil turrets
- A battleship - to bombard the planet on one of the scenarios.
- 3 squadrons of saucer-shaped fighters - made of lentils.
I still have some painting to do. I think I goofed up by painting the bases first. It is how I do 2mm figure blocks, but I paint the blocks before mounting them to their bases. I expect that I will get some paint on the bases and will have to touch them up. Oh well.
On another note, we played Elder Sign on Saturday. My wife and I were devoured by the Ancient One but my brother-in-law managed to banish it back to its own dimension. I just wanted to show off our "monster cup" (where we keep the unplayed monsters during the game).
|Our "monster cup" aloing with the Elder Sign game|