Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Feeling Five Parsecs

Lately I have had my eye on Five Parsecs from Home.


And it's all Trevor's fault.

That's episode one from a Five Parsecs from Home campaign he is playing. Quite entertaining videos, I must say. I highly recommend them.

Anyway, I am intrigued by this new edition of 5PfH. Now, I am somewhat familiar with the rules, given that I have the first edition. I also have some games from the same author, such as Squad Hammer.  I never got into the original version due to some niggly issues but watching Trevor play has me re-assessing the rules. In particular, it seems that the new version has some rules updates that I find intriguing. I'm tempted to pick up this edition just to check out the changes.

I don't know if this kick will go anyway. Wait and see.

4 comments:

  1. 3rd edition is specially designed to play solo but the bones of the 1st edition are there. 3rd is very polished and well playtested. It will. Be a trove of ideas for you if nothing else :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been tempted by this, but am holding out to see if I can pick up a cheap copy from eBay. I did, however, pick up a copy of Space Weirdos from Wargame Vault yesterday -
    https://www.wargamevault.com/product/359157/Space-Weirdos?term=Space+we
    Only $4.99 so we’ll worth a punt I reckon.
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebay's a good idea. I'll have to keep an eye out.

      Delete